Monday, August 25, 2008

Restaurant Review: Hummus Place

Last week, Melissa, Nick, Jay, & I went to Hummus Place.  It is a restaurant where all the meals have the same main ingredient of fresh, homemade hummus.  Jay & Nick thought the restaurant was pretty good while Melissa & I did not like it at all.  Between the 4 of us, we ordered mushroom hummus, chick pea hummus, and 2 shakshukas (a cast iron skillet filled with roasted veggies, tomato stew, and 2 fried eggs).  The shakshuka was okay but kind of bland and the hummus needed serious improvement.  Then we ordered the vanilla & rose malabi which tasted so much like laundry detergent we couldn't even eat it!  The prices were very cheap, but we would definitely not go back.

Me not liking it.
Melissa not liking it.
The shakshuka.
The malabi.

Hummus Place
99 Macdougal Street
New York, NY

1 comment:

San Francisco Photos said...

Wow, hummus place sounds like it would be nice and healthy of course vegeterian! I love a nicely made hummus and since I'm from the Middle East I prefer my moms over anyone elses but I always try it everywhere I go that serves hummus. They come pretty close to my moms but never the same!